Tuesday, June 3, 2014

fly.

Well, here I am. I'm a fly. No, not a Brundlefly. Just an ordinary house fly. I just grew up, my life as a lowly maggot in that old cheeseburger is gone! I'm finally free to do what I want! Though I still envy those horseflies. They're so big and tough... I'm so scrawny. Realistically, I don't expect to do a whole lot with my life, but I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised! Who knows? Maybe I will get to put forth my genetic code and find a mate, or maybe I'll get swatted like Gary last week. Or worse... I've heard stories of poor flies getting their wings and legs pulled off just for the entertainment of some sick and perverted human.
I suppose I'm here because I did something terrible in my previous life. That's how it works, right? You do something great and you move... Wow. That is a beautiful pile of dog feces. I bet that's where I'll meet all of the fly ladies, and what a great neighborhood to raise our kids together. I must go now.
Alright, I'm at the pile of dog feces. Where are the ladies? Come on! I've only got like 22 hours left in my life! I'm young and ready for my first serious relationships... Strange, I feel like... maybe 22 hours isn't really that much. Hey Barry, how long do humans live?...
... Okay, according to Barry humans live for at least a week. It must be crazy. To experience so much in one lifetime. I almost feel like I've been there before... that can't be right though, I'm just a fly.
Is that... is that a human? Wow, it's so big! I wonder. I wonder what would happen if I touched it. I'm going to go touch it, where's a good spot though? I think I see a target, yeah! There are two of them, which one do I choose? Gosh, mother never told me about all of this... it's not like she didn't have time, there were only like 200 of us. She was young when she had us too, she still had like 18 hours left in her life.
Here I am! Target number 1, let's touch down and see what it's like... hey! Watch where you swing that thing! You're gonna kill someone with that! Some people, am I right?
This is a nice spot, I'll just relax here for a...

No comments:

Post a Comment